Monday, May 3, 2010

My Horrible Marathon (3rd time's a dud)


Illinois Marathon / May 1, 2010

Bottom Line: 4:12:25 Finish / 3:30:59 Goal Time / 42 minutes off pace!




why i smashed into the wall @ M15 & looked like a defunct Galloway recruit:

i was sick with a cold / my sweat melted my second round of ibuprofen
i went out too fast with the pacer 7:50P / rather than the prescribed 8:01P
i talked too much with brandon (buddy who paced me first half & just finished boston)
it was really humid
not enough food morning of?
tried new GU day of (double caffeine)
training plan was off?

Next up...Chicago 2010

1 week off
4 weeks easy
18 weeks with Jack Daniels (maybe)

1 comment:

Joe said...

The humidity was a bear. It got me good, around mile 17-19. Ended up 23 minutes off of target. Nice finish, still, at Memorial Stadium

Easy to not take the weather into account!

You can see my race report on my blog "Run with Perseverance"